Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Teacher Research

I love the idea of journaling during the class day and I have often tried to do this in my own classroom. It does allow a way for you to really look back and see if what you are teaching is working and what isn't working. I think Mohr has the right idea about pretending to make more mistakes as a teacher to let the students catch on to it. They tend to care more or pay attention more when teachers make mistakes. It makes us more realistic in their eyes, I always let my students know that I make mistakes as well. I think that I am going to attempt to do a better job at "researching" my techniques as a teacher during the coming school year. This class is really reminding me what it feels like to be the student again, I have a new found appreciation for my students!

No comments: